This combination class includes a certificate for the South Dakota Enhanced permit as well as the Armed Lifestyle class.
The Armed Lifestyle class will take place each Thursday evening in Sioux Falls, SD over a six-week period as we go over all important components to the concealed carry lifestyle. Everything from safe and effective carry, building an efficient and accurate draw to first shot, safe storage, shooting at distance, legal/moral/ethical use of force and much more. This class will be led by Neil and Stephannie Weidner from Active Self Protection.
Each week the class will focus on different aspects of handgun shooting to help build a solid foundation and develop the skills you’ll need to be an effective self-defender. We will train the knowledge and skills needed and then test those skills on the range to ensure that at the conclusion of this training program students have gained the skill and confidence to carry and use a handgun. We will wrap up this six week training program with each student testing themselves agains the FBI Shooting qualification test.
As a student in this class you can expect to learn
- How to effectively carry and use a handgun
- How to practice with a handgun (Dry Fire and Live Fire)
- What less lethal options are there and how effective they are
- Quality gear and why it’s important
- How to safely and effectively live the armed lifestyle
- Other lifestyle considerations when you choose to own and or carry a gun
- How to pressure test yourself, your gear and your mindset
- The skills needed to shoot the FBI Shooting Qualification test
- The understanding of the South Dakota laws concerning SD Enhanced licensing
While it is encouraged that students have their own gun with an adequate holster, it is not required as we have quality handguns and holsters available for students to use in class. Students WILL need to bring 50 rounds of ammunition for each class along with electronic ear protection, a brimmed hat, and eye protection (glasses or safety glasses), as well as sensible shoes and clothes for movement and shooting.
Further details will be sent out to all registrants and it is strongly recommended that you are able to attend 90% of the classes if you register, but you cannot miss the first one and complete the course.
The first class will begin on October 8th from 5:30 to 7:30 at The Alliance gun range in Sioux Falls then run weekly for the following 6 weeks. Space is limited and the class will be capped at 12 students.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]