June 1 6:30-9:30PM (Monday) –Church Security (classroom only)
After 15 years of being a pastor, a well-recognized firearms instructor as well as analyzing over 20,000 videos and cases of deadly force encounters John Correia, owner of Active Self Protection brings this knowledge to the classroom and the range in order to train church leaders and security personnel the skills to prepare for a dynamic critical incident within the church setting. John will cover the following material:
1) Why church security is unique
2) How to balance a culture of openness and caring for the hurting and marginalized with safety and security for members
3) The most likely risks and practical ways to mitigate and minimize them.
4) An active shooter situation is an incredibly rare possibility, why you absolutely need a good plan anyway. 5) How to share the plan with the larger congregation
6) Insurance and Liability Concerns
7) How to deal with armed congregants if you do have a regular security team and if you do not.
8) Considerations in forming an official security team/roles and requirements for members.
Some of the topics covered in this class are the Critical skills unique to church and large crowd situations
This Monday Evening Seminar is a three-hour interactive presentation, please join us as we review the top lessons learned after watching and breaking down thousands of defensive scenarios. Then discuss how these lessons can be implemented to protect your congregation.
If you have any questions contact [email protected]