In this course, we introduce women and girls to the fundamentals of self protection. This is a 3-hour course that helps women of all ages build the attitude, skills, and plan to successfully protect themselves from being victimized by an attacker.
In this course, we will focus on:
- The attitude of self-protection
- Likely threats that women face
- How to effectively be aware of your surroundings and identify threats as early as possible
- Strategies to de-escalate, escape, and evade a physical conflict
- Basic principles of physical personal protection to allow you to break contact with an attacker and escape
- Man-made tools that can help you more effectively fight off an attacker.
This course will have some discussion and some hands-on learning and training.
Class runs 7-9:30PM on 1/11/19.
Please bring with you:
- A great attitude! If you’re ready to learn I promise you will learn. But if you aren’t ready to learn, nothing we cover will be of any assistance.
- Wear comfortable clothes that don’t hinder movement and aren’t “good clothes.” I prefer that people train in their everyday attire, and we WILL be training with one another. So please don’t wear your expensive yoga clothes that you will be upset if they get torn! They shouldn’t get torn, but wear workout clothes that could get damaged without breaking the bank. Please wear comfortable shoes that you can move in, such as sneakers.
- A hair tie if you have long hair. This is not a requirement but a strong recommendation.